The Arhanta Yoga teacher training curriculum is a well researched and extensive curriculum. It meets and exceeds the international standards of 200 hour teacher training. Students are provided with all the essential knowledge and skills required to be able to teach with confidence. Students gain a proper understanding of yoga asanas, yogic philosophy, anatomy and physiology. Participants of the Yoga Teacher training course will also learn special correction and modification techniques which will help them to teach students from different fitness and experience levels.
|06:00 am||Meditation & Pranayama|
|08:15 am||Class “How to teach” (teaching techniques / practice)|
|12:00 pm||Karma Yoga|
|01:00 pm||Main Lecture (Vedic Philosophy, Anatomy)|
|03:15 pm||Yoga Asana Class|
|07:00 pm||Evening Program|
|08:00 pm||Herbal tea|
|09:30 pm||Lights out|
The intensive Arhanta Yoga 200 hours Teacher Training Course includes meals and accommodation. There are classes six days a week. The free day depends on the starting day of the course. The first 2 free days you can rest and relax. On the 3rd free day you may have class’s in the morning and then you are free in the afternoon. On the free days there are meals available as usual. You are free to stay at the ashram or to go on an excursion.
One hour of Satsang consists of meditation and chanting. Satsang helps to develop a consistent and strong meditation practice and calms down the mind. Chanting opens the heart, purifies the spirit, and brings joy. Daily chanting helps to develop a sense of devotion and gratitude.
The group discussions offer the possibility to exchange ideas and experiences and to discover connections between different religions, cultures and philosophies.
How to teach
This three hour class focuses on asana alignments, teaching techniques and skills to teach asanas and pranayama to others. You will learn the most effective way to correct, motivate and communicate with your students. You will practice teaching in groups daily. As a consequence you will gain daily hands on teaching experience and confidence. This class is one of the most important parts of the Yoga Teacher Training Course.
In the main lecture you will study the philosophical and practical aspects of yoga. This class requires self study and homework.
The purpose of the Yoga asana class is to practice and improve your own asanas and to master basic and advanced postures. This class focuses on the correct understanding of the effects and all other aspects of the asanas. You will learn 170 classical yoga asanas in this class.
Below you can find the detailed curriculum of our Yoga Alliance certified Yoga Teacher Training. Our courses take place at the Arhanta Yoga Ashrams in India and the Netherlands.
- 170 Classical Yoga Poses including 84 Asanas for beginners and 35 Asanas for advanced practitioners.
- Teaching 84 classical Asanas (21 basic poses and Sun Salutation in depth)
- How to prepare a good setting for a yoga class
- Tips for teaching to a class
- The basics of a yoga class
- Beginners course
- Advanced poses
- Yoga for children
- Yoga for elderly people
- Yoga for pregnant women
- Yoga nidra – deep relaxation
Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Breathing through the stomach
- Breathing through the stomach and chest
- Anuloma Viloma
- Advanced breathing techniques
- The 3 bandhas: Jalandhara, Moola, Uddiyana bandha
- Proper technique, use and benefit
- The 6 kriyas; Jala and sutra neti, Nauli, Dhauti, Basti, Tratak, Kapalabhati
- What is meditation
- Why meditate
- Guide towards meditation
- Obtaining a mantra
The 4 paths of Yoga
- Raja Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Jnana Yoga / Gyan Yoga
Anatomy and Physiology
- The eight systems of the body
- Physiology of joints and muscles
- Injury prevention and modification
- The system of energy channels
Diet and Nutrition
- Basics of Ayurveda
- Yogic diet
- Micro and macro nutrients
- The effects of diet, nutrition and lifestyle on the body
Karma and reincarnation
- The law of action and reaction
- The law of compensation
- The law of retro-action
- The purpose of birth and rebirth
- Physiology of teaching
- Psychology of a student
- Detailed correction and modification techniques
- Motivation techniques
- Different alignments for different body types.
- Ethical guidelines of a yoga teacher
Yoga school / business
- How to start up a yoga school
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Tips for a smooth management of a yoga school