Volunteering at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram in the Netherlands or India
Following our principle teaching system, the “Traditional Gurukul system”, we offer volunteer programs our Ashrams in the Netherlands and in India. This program offers you a chance to live, learn and gain working experience with Yogi Ram, Kalyani, Omkar and/or Jyoti at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram. You get the opportunity to experience the yoga lifestyle at an ashram, learn from our experienced teachers and assist and help out during the teacher trainings. This opportunity is very valuable to anyone who wishes to gain more teaching experience and confidence, but also for anyone who wishes to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga.
Work with us as a volunteer at our Ashram in India
At the Arhanta Yoga Ashram in India we offer motivated Arhanta Yoga graduates the chance to volunteer and help during the yoga teacher training courses. Volunteers are welcome to join our team in India from October until March.
The Arhanta Yoga volunteering program in India offers:
- Accommodation and meals at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram India
- The opportunity to refresh and practice the information you have learned during your own teacher training course.
- The chance to assist during the classes. This will allow you to observe not only the teachers but also the students and to bring your own teaching skills and techniques to a higher level
Volunteers are expected to fulfil the following duties:
- Helping out in the organization of the daily activities in the ashram
- Assisting during the How to Teach classes and the Asana classes
- Being present in all the classes excluding the afternoon lecture
Volunteers at the Ashram in India must meet the following requirements:
- To have graduated successfully from an Arhanta Yoga teacher training
- To commit to the volunteering program for at least one month
- To have a strong desire to learn and to be able to adjust to the ashram’s lifestyle and working method
Work with us as a volunteer at our Ashram in the Netherlands
At the Arhanta Yoga Ashram in the Netherlands we accept volunteers from October until March. During this time of the year there are no teacher training courses at the Ashram in the Netherlands. The day schedule is more calm and allows you to focus on your own personal growth and spiritual development. You will live in the beautiful yoga ashram located in a very peaceful and natural environment.
The Volunteer Program in the Netherlands is suitable for those who:
- Want to experience a simple yogic lifestyle
- Are willing to work, learn and grow
The Volunteer Program in the Netherlands offers:
- Accommodation and meals at the Arhanta Yoga Ashram in the Netherlands
- Daily yoga asana & meditation practice with Yogi Ram / Kalyani / Omkar or Jyoti
- Personal guidance for improving your personal yoga and meditation practice
- Guidance in making your life vision and gaining clarity about the goal of your life
- Guidance of Yogi Ram / Kalyani in your spiritual growth and development
Volunteers are expected to fulfil the following duties:
- To work in the ashram from Monday until Friday for 5 hours per day. You will do different kinds of work such as administration, office work, ashram maintenance, gardening, cooking, etc.
- In the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) you are free. On those days you are welcome to stay in the ashram but you can also leave the ashram for travelling, visiting family, etc.
- Varsseveld is a small village nearby at 2 km distance. This village offers all the basic facilities, some basic shops, a library, swimming pool, gym, etc.
- Doetinchem is easily reachable by train (20 minutes travel by train). This city offers more extensive facilities and activities.
- In a 1 hour train ride you can reach the popular cities of Arnhem and Nijmegen
Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years or older
- Being willing to work, learn and grow
- Minimum commitment of 1 month
If you wish to apply for the Volunteer Program in India or the Netheralands or if you would like to receive more information, please contact us by email on email@example.com.
How volunteers have experienced this program
“In November and beginning of December 2016 I stayed at the yoga ashram in the Netherlands for 5 weeks to volunteer. As a volunteer you help with different tasks in and around the ashram, like gardening or working on the website. When I arrived I didn’t know what to expect. I have had 10 yoga lessons in my life before I came here and that was even 6 years ago. So I was no expert on yoga or meditation but I was curious and willing to learn.
Just before I started I found out there were two other volunteers working there together with me. That was a nice surprise! In this time of the year there are no classes in the Netherlands and the ashram is empty. So it’s nice to have some more people around. We worked together on the website, made translations or we wroked in the garden if the weather allowed us. Every day we started with meditation, which I liked very much. Kalyani and Jyoti are very patient and good teachers. Since meditation is quite difficult for me I asked a lot of questions afterwards. I definitely learned a lot about meditation!
Every day we cooked our own food. The food we made was vegetarian, since meat is not allowed in the ashram. I’m normally not a vegetarian (or a great cook) so for me it’s challenging to prepare something. But luckily I was not alone and together we managed to make something nice and healthy every day. We cooked twice a day and sometimes we went for lunch in Varsseveld, the little town close to the ashram. You can take the bus back and forth so it is very easy to get there.
After 5 weeks of practicing 1 hour of yoga every day, I learned a lot. I can truly say that my health improved by doing this. I now see the importance of yoga in my daily life and I will for sure continue doing this. By translating some articles I also learned a lot about yoga and chakra’s. All together a very educative experience!
I’m thankful for this opportunity to grow and learn and I really liked helping out in the ashram. Kalyani and Jyoti are great teachers and very beautiful people. The ashram is a quiet and relaxing place, surrounded by the beautiful Dutch landscape. I had the best time here and I will definitely be back in the future to learn more in a teacher training course.” Kirstin, Netherlands