“Ragù alla bolognese” a classic Italian dish. We would like to share our delicious vegetarian variation of a traditionally meat based meal. A tasty, comforting and healthy dish, packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 400 grams of carrots, finely chopped
- 2 leafy stems of celery, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes
- 125 grams of tomato puree
- 170 grams of mushrooms
- 170 grams of lentils
- 2 tablespoons of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 1 teaspoon of mild red chili powder
- 170 milliliters of water
- Add salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Wash the lentils thoroughly and if required let them soak for approx. 4 hours.
- Put the oil in a big pot and add the onion and garlic. Fry them until they are brown.
- Add the carrots and celery and fry them for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry them for 5 more minutes.
- Add the soaked lentils.
- Add the water, tomatoes, tomato puree and herbs.
- Let it all cook for approx. 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta and salad.
We suggest a salad of tomatoes, lettuce, rocket, carrots and onion. Dressed with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and salt.