Couscous with Chickpeas and Broccoli – Recipe
Couscous is a traditional North African dish, often found in middle eastern cuisine. Over time couscous has become available and popular in Europe, renowned as a whole grain carbohydrate, with the added benefit of being a protein source, packed with B vitamins and dietary fiber. Here is one of our favorite couscous recipes, served with chickpeas and broccoli, making it a complete meal, providing all the carbohydrate, protein and vitamins you need to thrive!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 220 grams of chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Italian herbs
- 110 grams of sweet peas
- 110 grams of corn
- 100 grams of broccoli
- 2 carrots
- ¼ of a lemon (juice)
- 215 grams of couscous
- 50 grams of raisins
- 270 millilitres of water
How to make:
- Cook the chickpeas for 1,5 hours in the water, lemon juice and salt in a big cooking pot.
- Blanch the vegetables in boiling lightly salted water, do not cook them.
- Drain the water and keep the vegetables and water separately to one side.
- Use the water to boil the couscous and raisins for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, vegetables, Garam Masala and Italian herbs to the couscous and raisins.
- Stir well and serve
We suggest serving with a salad of tomatoes, cucumber and celery. Dressed with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and salt.